PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar/Doha vs Emirates/Dubai (life and work)
Old 14th Jun 2022, 12:07
AIMINGHIGH123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spongeboeing, I think you are right. Following this thread with interest.

My wife was actually born in Doha, she’s not Qatari, lived around 10 years between Doha and Kuwait. Father in law lived there until 2010 so not current but from what she said visiting and what he said it’s a lot more conservative. Very cheap to live slow pace of life. They made long term friends in the compounds they lived in, great for families but not much to do in Doha. We have friends who have lived in Dubai for between 2-20 years. A couple did live in Doha for a couple of years, around 10 years ago so not current. They live in Dubai now after moving first to AD. None are in aviation and they all love the Dubai. Most have kids now and coming back to London to visit they say they would never leave Dubai. They love the safety, friendliness of Dubai and so much to do year round. We have been UAE 5 times in last 8 years to visit. Yeah ok Dubai gets hot but then London in winter is miserable. We rarely go outside from October to March although this year it was cold into May. This is just a comparison from city to city, London to Dubai.
I’m a city person, hate the countryside.
I am biased towards Dubai, as you can see but I do think you should go for it.