PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NETJETS Europe hiring again
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2022, 09:14
EatMyShorts!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zuluzuluzulu
No, it’s not, they get more. But how much should a European captain be paid? We don’t get paid enough, that’s for sure. But unfortunately there’s an abundance of pilots and none of the companies need to pay top dollar to fill seats, especially when they don’t really care about quality. It’s not helped when these seats can be filled by eastern European pilots for whom these salaries (in their homeland) are enormous. But then cheap Eastern European labor has always suppressed wages in the more affluent EU countries (see UK and Brexit for details - haulage, construction etc…) so this is nothing new.

It’s just a sh***y industry, really.
NJE does not employ "cheap pilots" from "Eastern Europe". But I do agree that aviation has become a shi*tty industry, luckily we still have some nice conditions at NJE. Money is not everything in life. You also need time off work to spend your money and to see your families and friends.

Klimax if you scroll up, look for another post of mine, I had explained the salary system in more detail. The salaries that are listed at PPJN (great that they are back!) are only starting salaries that will be corrected for inflation every single year, plus a significant performance bonus payment on top. We have Phenom captains exceeding 230,000 EUR a year.