PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China requires provenance of all foreign aircraft
Old 6th Jun 2022, 05:08
WideScreen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fdr
..... The curiosity in this case is the state is acting illegally, the aircraft had registration, and then the state is complicit with the breach of the lease agreements, and further now disregards airworthiness matters to which the state has an obligation as a signatory to ICAO.
These are nice words for "state-piracy", as we have seen from some of the poorest African countries.
Originally Posted by fdr
......Where Russia disregards international law which seems to have been their historical intent, nationalising the assets works within their own boundary, but doesn't get a signature of release from the owner with the cape town convention.
Actually, I think, Russia will simply produce "court documents", with a legal binding confiscation of all these aircrafts, stating the new legal ownership of these aircrafts is in Russia. And, then, China will say: "OK, these are legally owned by a Russian company, etc". If there is an ownership dispute, please first go to court, before we take action on this. So, yeah, I do have some doubts, whether the China mandatory ownership proving is going to make much of a difference. The only difference is, that China can now state they did take action.

Originally Posted by fdr
..... The immediate damage to Russia by the ego of Putin is just beginning. Peter Zeihan may well be correct that Russia will not survive as the RF, disintegration may be coming along sooner than later.
I completely agree on that and TBH, I think, the only real solution of this conflict, is indeed, when the RF gets dissolved into many individual and much smaller states. Otherwise, the aggression will keep coming again, the moment, Russia has rebuilt its armed forces.