PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Isle of Man-3
Thread: Isle of Man-3
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2022, 11:58
IOMX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BA318
We know. You don’t like Easyjet and you think they are bad. You tell us every occasion that you post. Given the complaints about diversions what are you expecting to happen? I don’t Easyjet are diverting for the fun of it.
Actually you are wrong I don’t necessarily think EasyJet are bad if you looked at some of my past posts you would realise I believe a mix of EasyJet and a smaller local operator is right for the island . Unlike some I take a more balance and considered view of the situation. And of course EasyJet don’t divert for fun but it’s odd when it was diverted to Manchester it ended up eventually going back to Gatwick whereas the Manchester flight itself took off and landed .

If you were on the island or used the route you might realise that the problem is basically the timing of the evening Gatwick flight . It is scheduled to land on the island during the summer at 20.35 which is very close to the airport closing time of 21.15 so any delays during the delay of the operating plane mean it’s not possible to get into the island . Yet during the winter it is scheduled to land at 19.25 . To my mind that’s poor scheduling .

However I will call out poor service and the EasyJet service recently has been appalling . Equally Loganair need to improve too they have had their challenges.