PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Application 2022
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2022, 18:07
AIMINGHIGH123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Spongeboeing
Exactly. I remember one time I was clearing security at WAW and I saw an EK crew. I asked them "Hey, I left Dubai some 16 years ago, is it really that bad now". And they literally told me "Don't believe everything you read on PPRUNE.

I get that some of you may be frustrated because your expectations were unrealistic. You thought you'd fly in Emirates like an airline pilot in the 80s. Don't blame other people for that and let them be interested in this company. I know personally people who are there perfectly happy more than 10 years later. I also know people who are not happy and people who have left (some regret having left, like a captain in my current company).

The reality is that back in 2005, I remember people saying "Emirates is not what it used to be back in 95, those were the days". Today there's people idealizing the 2000s and hating the current times. Nothing has changed.
“Don’t believe everything you hear on PPRUNE”. That’s exactly what the ex EK captain I flew with said to me and I didn’t even mention PPRUNE.

“Happy wife Happy life.” That was his other advice for EK. That will make things run so much smoother. Everyone on board and smooth sailing ish.