PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar airways (Master thread)-2
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2022, 10:30
JON380

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nachos
Medical Benefits at QR are generally poor also, most of the treatments are difficult to get refunded. Healthcare at Qatar is rather poor also as they don't care about your health only about your wallet. Not uncommon to do multiple tests and get extensive boxes of medicine for a common cold...
Loss of licence does not exist in QR anymore.
Staff Travel works fine, you won't be able to use it a lot as you'll be working 110-140 block hours every month but it works with many destinations to go to. Working conditions poor, estimate of about 90% pilots wants to leave. Usa pilots pretty much all left. All south Americans have applied for green cards. Europeans looking to go back to their previous jobs at Ryanair etc...
​​​​​Airline turns into loco carrier with some meals being removed and asking staff to pay over 200 usd for mandatory suitcases.
I'd love to trade for your job!
Thank you Nachos. I am certain our industry will get back to its feet in a matter of months. I can already see if happening here in Asia. Salaries are also increasing though still around 30-50% below the pre-pandemic 2019 amounts.
I haven't yet made up my mind but I will surely attend the interview in Doha. Are you still with QR?