PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot loads baggage
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2022, 18:52
ericferret

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Stabmotion
In my opinion he should never do so.

Aviation it’s not what it used to be anymore because of these things.

There will be no better time to push for a better working conditions and salary, it’s now when everybody struggled when we have a chance.

Everybody has his role, a pilot is there to fly the aircraft and to ensure the flight goes safely. If there is a lack of ground staff which triggers delays and caos it’s the solely responsibility of the airlines for not paying enough to the ground handling services or for not having their own staff under a permanent contract.

EU261 seems to be the only way airlines step aside of the peanuts contracts, don’t help them for the sake of a facebook post or a goodwill from a manager.

Holidays and air travel is a LUXURY, not a right in any country constitution (may be the British will consider so but…) so if someone wants to travel in an airplane, the price should be in accordance with occidental working conditions and not slavery, therefore if there is no staff, it’s due to the industry not being attractive and low attrition.

Anytime this happens, take a breath, make coffee, refuse to work on discretion and report it.

I am shock to see how the pilots will humiliate themselves to be in a piece of metal tube for peanuts.
I wish to be humiliated as well.
I would be truly offended to be in a job where there is poential to earn over £100k a year and retire on a plus £1million pension.
As one of our T.R.E's said recently.
How many jobs are there where you spend all day sitting on your arse and looking out of the window for this sort of money!!!!