PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATP Non-Type vs Type-Rated License: Concerns About Checkride
Old 1st Jun 2022, 18:38
AV8RLogan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Light Twin, Non-Type Rated ATP

Hi All.

Does anybody know where I can get a Non-Type Rated ATP Certificate? I just got offered a sweet job that needs the rating for Part 135 people moving ops. They need me as is (CFI/CFII/MEI/TW) for their other ops but I still need ATP for their Light Twin.

I was a Tailwheel instructor in Citabrias. 4 years ago I was drafted into a regional only to find out after completing my ATP-CTP and Written ATM that I was completely out of my depth for the Type Rating on a CRJ 200. It was humbling, to say the least but the Sim instructor gave me some great advice: 'I don't give a sh!t if you can fly the plane. Your stick and rudder skills mean nothing to our airline. Go get a cargo job and then you can come back.' I got my Part 135 CPL checkride in a Caravan, did one peak season and went back to teaching.... then, COVID. I have been ferrying planes for the last couple years, many x-countries coast to coast but few of the planes had glass and auto.

Thanks for your help and advice.