PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Predictive windshear warning
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2022, 03:37
pineteam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ollie Onion
Our Company says that a Windshear Ahead can be ignored if ‘no signs of windshear are present’ which basically means it is all your fault if it goes wrong.
Not sure about the latest FCOM but before when PWS warning was still a memory item it was written that if the crews make a positive verification that no hazards exist then the alert may be disregarded. Alerts can be spurious. It's all about common sense. If it's clear weather outside, and you have a PWS alert then obviously you can assess the situation and ignore it. Now if there are CBs activities on final then it's a no brainer IMHO, follow the PWS warning. We are pilots after all we should not follow blindly what a computer is telling us to do. I have seen a guy asking me to request weather deviation cause the weather radar was showing a predictive overflight Icon, new feature on the latest weather radar indicating the risk of a fast growing cells ahead of the aircraft. It was during day time and there was absolutely nothing!! I was like: Are you trolling me right now? Pilots don't even look outside anymore...

Last edited by pineteam; 31st May 2022 at 04:07.