PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI airways-2
Thread: TUI airways-2
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2022, 10:50
ROC10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mattjwood
Did a bit of digging on TUI website with regards to my flight (TOM748 BHX - AYT on 3rd June).

When I initially booked the flights some 5 months ago, the only "good daytime" flights to that region were on a Friday, and the same flight from BHX 0600 hours was consistent every Friday throughout Mid May and into July.

I have just checked the booking engine and this Friday's flight (my one) has disappeared, along with all AYT flights on a Friday for TUI.

However.... an extra flight to AYT has appeared on Saturdays, starting next Saturday 14th June departing BHX at 0600 (Exact same time as our Friday flight). This seems to be consistent weekly. When we booked this flight wasnt available.

So, surely that says that TUI have done away with the Friday flights for some unknown reason, and are running them on Saturday's, meaning that our flight this Friday is more than likely going to be cancelled, as surely the following Friday there will be no TUI aircraft to bring us home, as that wouldnt be departing from BHX until the Saturday morning?

Seriously, I dont know why they cant give assurances with only a few days to go. It really disrupts families, especially those with young children by telling them to come to the Airport at Silly O'clock and then sending them home!

Rant over.
TUI’s timetable shows BHX-AYT weekly on Fridays at 06:00 from 10 June until end of September. Might just be that the flight on 3 June is full hence why it’s not showing? Either way, as suggested, I’d call them as their ops have been pretty chaotic lately so worth attempting to find out.