PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI airways-2
Thread: TUI airways-2
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2022, 11:46
SWBKCB

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by ATNotts
What staggers me is that the national media has not caught on to the absolute shambles of a TUI operation at the moment. The experience of MANFAN and Mr. Bowcock are totally unacceptable, and cannot be blamed on Covid, lack of staff, factors outside of our control or any such other fatuous reasons. If that were the case then the likes of Jet2 and Ryanair would be finding themselves in a similar mess, which, by the look of things they are not. it appears on the face of it to be total incompetence from planning and management, and I'm not thinking of day to day management but decisions made several steps up the pay grade scale.

Someone mentioned further up-thread that some of the delay situation put the absolute mess that was the Channel Airways operations for Lyons Tours on ex Olympic Comets back in the late 70s or early 80s into the proverbial cocked hat. TUI simply cannot treat customers in this way.

It appears to me that TUI have been flogging holidays for the past few months with no idea how they were going to move them, which were that to be the case, would be verging on taking money under false pretences.

I have, by the way, no axe to grind, I'm not working for TUI or a competitor, and haven't the misfortune to have a booking with TUI this year - and probably won't in the future. I feel for the staff both of TUI and their handling agents for flack they are almost certainly having to face on a day by day basis.
Channel went bust in 1972. Always good to get your facts straight.

If that were the case then the likes of Jet2 and Ryanair would be finding themselves in a similar mess
If we are comparing apples and oranges - look at Gatwicks arrivals today.