PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Our son wants to be an airline pilot... I have some questions :)
Old 25th May 2022, 08:29
Aviator172s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rudestuff
It all depends on the airline and the current market conditions. Ryanair are known for wanting younger more impressionable people with no life experience so that they do as they're told and don't complain. Easyjet are known for milking pilots for all they're worth via the integrated system. There are still a lot of other options where age and money aren't important. It's always been feast or famine in the airline world, and we're at rock bottom now so there will be a pilot shortage in the next few years (it's already hitting the US) so just make sure you've got a licence and a pulse.
I wish your predictions about pilot shortage will be correct in Europe!! Everytime I hear or read about pilot shortage I can't avoid thinking is just a myth, but hopefully this time is correct. My plan is to have everything ready by mid-2024, I am in my mid 30s and would love to accomplish my dream as a child... and still as a young adult