Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2022, 16:12
380Mrat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Illuminating if not alarming insights⚠️

Originally Posted by TBSC
Just three obeservations if I may:
- Wizz were always years (or half a decade) behind their own fleet development plans through the 18 years of their existence;
- the balls of steel approach is in fact an "it's always someone else's fault" one;
- historic performance figures do not mean much when it comes to future earnings (depending on km flown) due to huge
changes in the schedule without notice ("trial and error" procedure when opening new bases/routes leading to frequent
base/route closures if something is not working out; routes moved between bases (W-patterns, lately the world winner idea
of triangle flights), whole stations abandoned if the local government/authority/airport is cheeky enough to have demands and
not only offers) etc etc. Just check the short history of Wizz Abu Dhabi, aircraft stored, routes announced but never started,
flights moved around DWC/DXB/AUH and between WAH and WAZ. You make your maths today but it might be a whole different
figure in half a year.

It's also worthwile to check how the company is handling the (final) court decisions made in Ukraine and Romania regarding
the unlawful dismissal of crew members (happened way before the pandemic in Kyiv and Bucharest where the crew wanted
to organize a union).
I thank you for your perspective. I have to agree with dome of what you say is true in terms if vase chops and changes. What are their strategic intentions over Wizz DWC then? This ruthless approach you mention is what am worried about.

Another point of contention is why does pilot recruitment HR never respond to emails and have no phone numbers? These are all worrying factors. Also have to pay 15% of training costs upfront and then tie you to a 3 year bond is a bit much...but at least the salaries should be worth it without the punitive measures and the obligation to accept going worked to the maximum legal hours each month if that is indeed the case.

By "balls if steel" I meant expanding phenomenally and being quoted in public that no airline can match to their strategy, unless ofcourse they have guarantors with very deep bank pockets and reserves indeed. Historically Airlines have had a tendency to burst when their bubble grows too big and too rapidly, unless backed up by a rich nation. Yes, I agree that for the 18 years the growth we are seeing only recently is what's amplifying their visibility and in great part thanks to the economic edge to tge A321 neo, as long as they keep filling them up and with the global traffic trends favouring this aircraft size and provided they do not keep chopping bases and routes and cancelling flights. Credibility and reliability and consistency an Airline's bread and butter. A lot will depend on whether they will do well in creating the right incentives to retain the crew that they recruit as well as attract new crew based on feedback from those presently employed there. Salaries and perks need to improve significantly I would say.