PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Juggernaut
Thread: QF Juggernaut
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2022, 07:44
Chadzat

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by -41
I watched on the VA forum as those whom warned it was a poor deal got dealt with by the Afap.

The same afap that signs NDA's then announces hey boys and girls guess where them 700's are going.

Yeah nah, no thanks AFAP you screwed us mid listers and below on the 737 NB EA. So much for the clause no nb pilot will be displaced by WB pilots made redundant. The hypocrisy of these guys in AFAP, doing deals to put us on low mCg then getting their WB mates hired back on FULL COMMAND SALARY. Whilst midlisters and below where SLWOP .

Do not take IR advice from AFAP.
Just a fraction bitter there -41!! And you never even lost your job during COVID……amazing. Im sorry but I cannot let your untruths and general ‘woe is me’ be left without a response. I have looked on as NB FOs (not all mind you, just a noisy few) either on prrune or the afap forums have thrown all sorts of loud opinions around as to how ‘their commands’ are getting stolen from them or delayed into the future. Let me itemise a few replies to your many posts in this thread.

1. Its called Seniority as established by the GDOJ. This list, as written into law by the NB EBA (and was in the WB and ATR ebas) governs things such as promotion, base transfers, REDUNDANCY and RE-EMPLOYMENT. NO NB pilot had been displaced by a returning WB pilot. They have retained their position on the GDOJ in their rank and base while pilots MORE SENIOR have taken a position that befits their seniority as established by the GDOJ. Full stop. End of story. Probably the only reason why you and other mid-bottom FOs were emoloyed in the first place onto the 737 is BECAUSE there was a widebody fleet that sucked pilots off of the 737. So you cant have your cake and eat it too.

2. You have remained continuously employed, getting jobkeeper/half pay/75% pay/now full mcg pay the whole way through COVID. You have not had to change base, sell your house, move your family, try and find another flying job where none existed, had to explain to your partner that you are unemployed and have zero other qualifications other than a pilots licence in order to earn income. To say that ‘you have been screwed over’ is laughable and offensive. Try saying that to an ATR pilots face who had in WRITING a letter from VA stating that they would be afforded a position on the 737 that would be held for them as long as they remain on the ATR fleet in a training and checking role for a number of months/years. Then see the company crabwalk away from that letter as soon as the fleet is binned.

3. ‘Give flying away to a subsidiary’ - would these be intra-WA routes by any chance? These routes were flown by Skywest/VARA before being ‘given’ to VAA originally when they purchased/took over Skywest! Probably before you were even employed by VAA! So again, your assertion that the F100 replacement aircraft are taking away ‘your flying’ and ‘your command’ is once again laughable and devoid of fact.

4. If you want a strong Union (and I am by no means an afap apologist here, merely trying to insert some facts into this conversation) then you need to get off your behind and actually do something about it. Pilots in this country are so happy to whinge how bad they have it and how conditions are so ****, and yet in the next breath say ‘im quitting the Union, they are useless’. All the while we get more fractured, divided and at each other, instead of being ‘at’ the Company/s.

The biggest problem Australian pilots have is an apathy towards being united and actually sticking it to the company. The Union doesnt determine your Ts and Cs, the pilot group does by voting on an agreement that has been presented to them by the Company. Rather than just keyboard-warrioring on here, why dont you pick up the phone, call your pilot rep and actually tell them what you are after in a constructive way. See if there are ways you can bring your colleagues along with you and before too long you have a critical mass that will drive the agenda.

the letter might have missed the mark slightly but it doesnt deserve to be pilloried like it is….