PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 15th May 2022, 18:24
Kenny

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Brakerider
would you mind sharing some negatives or things you didn’t enjoy? As you said, this forum makes it out all rosy..
I’d suggest then you go back and read the posts again. It’s been said countless times, that it’s not for everyone and for a myriad of reasons, not least of which is that you’ll be far away from friends, family and home. If you can honestly look in the mirror and be sure you’ll come with an open mind, I think the pros outweigh the cons. If you come with the expectation that everything will be what you’re used to, you’ll simply fall into the trap of being a nasally Oztranaught, who complains about how “that’s not what we do in Australia” and to be honest, I wouldn’t put up with that anymore than I know the locals will.

50 years I’ve moved around this planet, chasing perfection and all I can say is that it simply doesn’t exist. You love flying. It’s the career that you want but it’s a minefield in Oz. Oz is home. It’s where your nearest and dearest are but the options for a flying career are limited in comparison to the US. See what I mean? The good thing with the E3 option, is that it’s not permanent. Look at it as an adventure you can try and leave behind at some point, if you want.

Last edited by Kenny; 16th May 2022 at 13:47.