PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DM: RAF probe drunken Red Arrow airman
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2022, 17:37
Baldeep Inminj

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Is this really news? I suppose it remains to be seen what the 'inappropriate behaviour' was. I was based at Akrotiri in the early noughties and the Reds were regular visitors for their winter training. They were notable for getting absolutely trollied in the bar, and then taxxing as a 9 ship the following morning and doing some frankly rather impressive flying. They were notorious for trying to pull other guys wives and it was always clear that they had forgotten to pack their morals on the way out of their homes as they headed for Akrotiri. In fact they actually had bets on which team member could 'plough the most wives' in Cyprus.

As human beings they were members of a depraved and obscenely arrogant club and they were widely regarded as complete and utter onanists - real scumbags whose wives undoubtedly had no idea what they got up to on tour.. As pilots however, they were certainly better than me and I really enjoyed watching them, I must be honest. And yes, one of them once spent the best part of 7 weeks trying to bed my wife when I was flying. He got nowhere.

...at least I don't think he did...

...come to think of it, my son has grown up to be a real a$shole...