PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Expats still at Saudia?
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2022, 06:06
mutt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that there are TWO expat pilots left in Saudia City Place has certainly changed over the years. I doubt that anyone who worked here up until 2009 would recognise the changes in this country, the increasing number of female voices on VHF either as controllers or pilots is interesting to watch. In fact FlyAdeal operated a 100% female crewed flight last month, it wasn’t widely announced.

Aviation in KSA is definitely changing, we are now watching the start of Saudi Royal Aviation which is taking the main royal aircraft from the Saudia Royal Fleet. Saudi Airways starting and apparently hiring post holders for a flag carrier based in Riyadh. SAUDIA Private aviation, not actually sure what they are doing but they still exist with one Hawker. Cargo sold their B747-8F aircraft pre pandemic but are operating with leased aircraft and B777F.

MD-11F, sold and sent to USA, MD-11 VIP left to rot somewhere in Jeddah airport.

Biggest downside which will probably lead to the demise of expats is the loss of free housing which was replaced by a housing allowance, and the removal of credit time for salary. This has turned what was a great paying gig into an average deal or worse.

poina hope that you are enjoying retirement.