PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Discrimination and Prejudice alive and well in the RAF
Old 13th May 2022, 08:55
RichardJones

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Toadstool
RJ

the academics qualification is the very first step. Then comes CBAT. Once the results from that come through and IF you are successful with OASC, then it’s MIOT. Only then, if successful, do you attend EFT after ground trg.

You might have 10 A levels but if you don’t pass the pilot aptitude part of the CBAT, then you won’t even be considered for that. Perhaps another role but only after passing OASC and then MIOT.

Conversely, you may only have the bare minimum academic requirement for pilot but ace the pilot CBAT. Even then, you may fail OASC or MIOT.

Discrimination is absolutely never a factor.
Thankyou for the information. Well put.

I am also aware, the person who has paid attention during formal education and achieved the academic qualifications, deserve the privileges. Not sow grapes.

Unfortunately for me I was never able to settle down at school. I have known one or 2, go back to night school to get qualified. Good for them too.

Considering recent goings on in the Ukraine, FJ jockeys for e.g., aren't being utilised to the same extent as in previous heavy debates. The military can really be choosy.