PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas International Cabin Crew Recruitment 2022
Old 13th May 2022, 08:40
Millsdeandra em

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kuikymart
Hey Millsdeandra, correct me if I’m wrong guys but according to one of the current EBA’s in place the base salary is $47,000 a year for flight attendant - entry (that would be us starting out after ground school). This does not include paid flying hours (when the door shuts and when the door opens at destination) You can be rostered up to 112.5 hours every 28 days or 220 every 56 days I believe. I currently do not know how much paid flying hours are but I believe virgin Australia is $14.50 an hour and Qantas would be more for sure so id say roughly $18/$20 per flying hour. Most likely after getting taxed in aus you can expect $1000-$1200 a week for pay. Again this is an estimate and it could be more or less depending on the amount of hours you fly and overtime, reserve, allowances etc… Correct me if I’m wrong and I’ll let one of the current QF crew confirm for you 😇

If you need tips on good areas/suburbs to live at a good price if your not familiar with Australia that’s close to the airport let us all know I’m sure us Sydney siders will be more than willing to help 🙂
hi! Thanks for such detailed response!

really appreciate it and very helpful in getting an estimate in terms of cost of living!
Might get some tips for when I eventually move! And i guess with all the days off that we’d eventually get, a side gig wouldn’t be so bad to get some extra income. I hear Sydney is quite costly! Might be getting ahead of myself, Who knows how long the recruitmet process will take😂😂