PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet cancelling scheduled flights to put on extra football flights to Paris
Old 11th May 2022, 13:31
Uplinker

Received 101 Likes on 61 Posts
...........I can only imagine the conversations that take place within the privacy of the crew room and galley about the very passengers paying your wages........
I have never worked for the airlines mentioned in this thread, but I have worked for three others, so am pretty certain that the actual easyJet crews would be respectful about their customers. At the airlines I flew for, we got the occasional comment about "the lads in row 18, who are being loud and who have been refused any more drinks" or whatever, but in my experience, most aircrew are professional and respectful about the customers, even the difficult ones.

An airline's operational policy is not decided - or even necessarily approved of - by its front line staff.

Edit to add: As far as paying our wages; well I always wondered why myself and the crew were expected to subsidise the cheap tickets through our reduced wages, reduced Ts and Cs and extended duty periods - approaching fatigue in some cases.

You also might not be aware that most pilots pay for their own ATPL training and licence; £50,000 - £100,000, many pay for their own type rating; around £20,000 - £30,000, and some airlines now ask even type rated and experienced pilots to pay £8,000 to the airline if they want a job.

Last edited by Uplinker; 12th May 2022 at 11:06.