PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Discrimination and Prejudice alive and well in the RAF
Old 11th May 2022, 08:05
RichardJones

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by finestkind
Agree with a but. The slow progress' are often weeded out due to rate of learning. Nothing to say that they could not have made the grade with more time but that in itself is an indicator of potential. Of all the suspended students that I have seen there is probably a good 50% that could have passed given more time. In fact I would say I could get 90% of the students across the line if given the time but in a lot of those cases that just passes the problem onto the squadrons. Rate of learning in itself is a significant indicator.

Also agree on those naturally gifted not all making good instructors. They lack the experience and empathy to understand the struggling student. I remember one in particular who just could not understand what was apparently so obvious, to him, why his student could not get it.
Indeed.

A person may be an ace at their trade, but if they can't put it across/teach it on to the student, they aren't the people to mark as trainers IMHO. We are all aware there is a lot of psychology involved in this sought of teaching, instructing or training. One either has it or they don't.