PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vuichard again
Thread: Vuichard again
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2022, 15:50
Rotorbee

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
@ Hughes500: Hey, don't shoot the messenger, I just delivered an information from EASA. If you don't like it, that's up to you. But since you are not part of that anymore, you can relax. If you read the whole article, the EASA might not be very sad about it.
We had this discussion about the differences in training and I don't want to trigger it again. That would be for another thread.
But I can't help it. One thing, all the manoeuvres you mention solve only mechanical failures, which are very rare and by far not the things that kill people regularly.
BTW, I have done them all and more (stuck cyclic anyone?).
There is one thing that stuck in my mind many many moons ago.
Somebody asked what would you do, if you could go on a flight with Bob Hoover. What would you like him to show you.
And the answer was: Show me how you conduct a normal flight. With preparation, preflight and everything. That made a lot of sense to me.

@SASless: At least you don't have to live with this accent of mine. And regarding statistics, it is what it is. Helpful if used accordingly, deceptive if you want it to be.

@All: If EASA has concerns about the accident rate in Europe, we can at least take that as food for thought and not just dismiss it.
And by the way, VRS wasn't on the list.