PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet cancelling scheduled flights to put on extra football flights to Paris
Old 8th May 2022, 18:16
Rutan16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by willy wombat
Ignoring the CAA’s “may’, above, the regulation is pretty clear at 8.1.b that if the earliest opportunity to reach the destination is via another carrier then that is what must happen if that is what the passenger chooses.
The regulation is far from clear in that respect and quite deliberately so legally MAY is a very important contractual get out it means and delivers NO OBLIGATION By default on the supplier in any legal procedures
I don’t work in this industry just a customer.
I do own a fire and safety business where contracts and disputes take up a huge amount of my of time !
There are grounds for clarification sure and I said as much especially in view of “B” and what has and hasn’t been incorporated into domestic law.
There remains no obligation for rerouting you on a competitor through, especially if the carrier has offered those other alternatives financial and inter network rerouting and yes paying ground transport costs.
Even then YOU a may have to claim these costs BACK via 261