PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA medical "gotcha"
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2022, 02:45
galdian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CASA medical "gotcha"

Hi all

Maybe the only person to strike this little "gotcha".

First medical after 60 so eyes required (as well as other additionals), decide I'll do that first then organise the DAME date/do the MRS stuff etc.

As turns out eyes all OK BUT new prescription required so new glasses (2 pair of course) need to be obtained and presented before eyes signed off, delay of 2-3 weeks. Them's the breaks I suppose.

Decided on a DAME date but cannot access MRS.

Talk to CASA, there's me thinking the eyes - which are sent directly to CASA not via the DAME - would be a component of the renewal however no no no, they are considered by the system an APPLICATION within itself.
The system only allows one APPLICATION at a time.

So until the eyes are signed off by the ophthalmologist I cannot complete the MRS data for my DAME examination. Or I cancel the eye stuff completed so far and then I can access MRS. Then I can get to do the eye stuff all over again.

I've fortunately had a pretty good run with AVMED over the decades, looks like this time's just going to be a time consuming, frustrating ordeal.

As a sideline the "good" news is that Class 1 renewal applications from March 1st are now being considered - so that's a relief!

Cheers