PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brexit the Enabler? Forgive my ignorance ..
Old 4th May 2022, 15:08
A320LGW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by heavydane
Ok as a EU national having been unemployed since Covid in April 19 my recommendation is to find something else than Brexit to blame. We have all been hit extremely hard. Actually its my believe that the demise of the professional pilots in Europe is because of EU, not Brexit. Look at lorry drivers, construction workers etc. conditions all driven down by EU and new member states desire to get rid of organized labor. Of course UK pilots should be able to work in EU and vise versa, right now You are being punished by the bikers in Brussels because they are terrified of who will try to leave next.
When a pilot is on the cusp of a job offer and then has it pulled away due not having an EU passport, how on earth is anything else but Brexit to blame? When all British pilots (bar those of dual nationality) are suddenly denied access to one of the largest job markets in the world right on their doorstep, because the British government decided so, how is the EU to blame? This deflection sounds like exactly the type of speech that got us into this mess in the first place.