PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Astana
Thread: Air Astana
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2022, 15:31
The Flying Possum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Making rough numbers of their fleet to what they actually have in house of manpower doesn't make any sense. Now, once again the sim session is peanuts,

One HYD sys overheat? for a session?

Next session

Engine stall, no need to even shut it down....

Now a year ago, a person that they grabbed and joined was done via Skype interview, no COMPASS test...low hours, so ia1166 is this the selection we are talking about? Yes I agree that someone with 25k hours doesn't mean you are a great pilot, we all know that, but for that you have a career behind you, and no not everyone let their skills fade away, some they kept current, some they kept going to their sim every 6 month and doing their homework.

I say everything has been covered in the post and we should leave it at this. The fact is, if someone had posted how it is, I wouldn't have spent a freaking penny flying to them to do an interview where I was certain and confident enough to know I could go through this "selection" non made it, and non has made for the past weeks, That is the fact. This aint a hard assessment, besides the math part of the compass, and even someone that said that was easy for him (if its true) didn't even make it either.

BAE and I put the warnings here of investing on going for an interview, in this time, not everyone can just throw away 2k USD in airfare thinking they wont be able to make it. If I have read all of this before, trust me I wouldn't have bothered at all. But yeah ia1166, sending a 29 year old kid with 4k hours to make a selection of pilots says a lot.