PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Covid Vaccines and Pilots
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2022, 03:55
swh

Eidolon

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by mikewil
Funny how being "fully vaccinated" was so important 3 months ago when the Australian government created an absolute circus over Novak Djokovic and the huge risk he posed to the Australian community if they let him in.

And 3 months later....all international arrivals are no longer required to be vaccinated, nor quarantine on arrival. Funny how the so called "expert medical" advice can change so drastically in the blink of an eye.

I regret getting my Pfizer jabs too as I have had intermittent chest pain since being vaccinated (as have many others that I know personally).
NJ never had any desire to ever comply with the requirements, he would have needed to have had his first vaccination 10 weeks before turning up, He would have had a lot more credibility with his case if he had one vaccination and then subsequently tested positive. However even when he tested positive he should have already had his second immunisation.

To hold a valid exemption in Australia the doctor that issues the exemption needs to place that on the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR), the same place the vaccination records are kept. However he did not meet the requirements to have an exemption on the AIR.

Hong Kong had a policy of zero COVID, locking individuals and communities up if they had COVID. The vaccination drive was low. At the start off the year Hong Kong had around 200 deaths from COVID, and a low community wide vaccination rate. Omicron got in and spread rampant, there is now over 9000 COVID deaths, overtaking Australia with a smaller population. 75% of the people who died were unvaccinated.

you can read the data for yourself https://www.covidvaccine.gov.hk/pdf/death_analysis.pdf