PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-6
Thread: Jet2-6
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2022, 20:27
milhouse999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davidjohnson6
I've flown as a passenger on a large number of airlines all over Europe. Whenever it involves Jet2, it always seems to have a high preponderance of stag dos along with a noisy atmosphere and many people drinking alcohol. For some reason, the most similiar airlines I can think of, namely Ryanair or TUI, just don't get this sort of atmosphere onboard, let alone any other major airline I can think of unless there happens to be a large number of fans travelling for a football game.
Why do Jet2 flights seem to get this particular crowd ? At the queue for a gate, Jet2 pax seem fairly quiet and innocuous but once in the air, pax seem to have this sudden urge...
I know Jet2 have a strict policy on alcohol to prevent things getting out of control (and that policy on booze has been discussed at length on the Internet), but I'm still wondering why Jet specifically get this crowd in the first place

Apologies if this should go in the Passenger forum, but this seemed like a good place for the question...
The only experience I've had of this nature was on Easyjet. Early morning flight, two young tracksuit clad lads board and sit in row 1. Immediately shouting 'oi oi lets get on it' before the doors have been closed and pushback is initiated. Had a skinful in the terminal since 4am. Very wet crew manager having words with them asking them to calm down. I had a chat with crew, advised that I was police and I'd recommend thinking about not letting them travel. I was 'reassured' that they 'won't be served any more alcohol on board' and he'd 'keep an eye on them'.

Sure enough as soon as the drinks trolley came round at 30,000 feet and they were refused vodka they kicked off and caused issues for the remainder of the flight. Shouting and swearing at crew. Crew spent their entire time trying to appease them. Had they been offloaded at the start none of it would have happened.