PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Covid Vaccines and Pilots
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2022, 15:48
JJ 789

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Surreal
I am someone who has been injured by the covid-19 vaccines. So before you put it all down to conspiracy theories, at least take the time to read my story:

I worked as a pilot in GA for 12 years, but I haven’t flown for about 5 years. I was working behind the desk but I had been toying with getting back in the air once things return to some sort of normal.

I wasn’t keen on getting vaccinated, as I have a healthy distrust of the pharmaceutical industry. My father worked for a few companies (Boots/ J& J) in a 20 yr period and he had told me quite a few horrid stories about their unethical behaviour. I am not, however, a conspiracy theorist or joined any protests. I just would prefer to focus on being as healthy as possible.

I had to get vaccinated because of the aviation job I had. I had my first jab in Aug ‘21. A couple of days later I started to get a weird pain in my face. It progressively got more painful and more frequent. Two weeks later and I was in agony. It was seriously the most painful thing I have had in my life. The first night that it was really bad, I couldn’t sleep and I sat up all night trying to diagnose myself by googling. I came across mention of facial pain and paralysis as possible side effects from Pfizer, listed on two foreign government websites. Since the timing matched up, I started to wonder whether it was from the vaccine.

I went to a GP. He got me to go to the dentist and check there were no teeth issues. The dentist cleared me and then the GP diagnosed Trigeminal Neuralgia (TN) He prescribed 2 nerve drugs but nothing helped. I found a few medical journal articles mentioning TN resulting from covid vaccines and brought them up with my GP. He said “I don’t know if it’s related”. I asked if I should get the second one and if it would get worse. He provided no help and said “I don’t know”.

The horrid pain persisted on and off, with no relief, except putting a heat bag on my face. They call TN ‘suicide pain’ and I can understand why. I did even think that if I had to put up with the pain long term, I would just kill myself.

I decided to try natural therapies to help, as the GP offered nothing except drugs that did not work. I tried quite a few things out of desperation. Not until I went to a Kinesiologist did the pain calm down and subside.

I left the second jab as long as I could, and had it at the end of October. Three hours after the second Pfizer jab, the pain came back. Not only that, the next day it also started on the other side of my face. Then I started getting itchy feet, then burning feet, then my calves would ache or just feel like they were on fire. Then I started getting stinging pain all over my body. Then my thighs started aching or were on fire. Over time the intensity and frequency has increased, and the more of my body is affected. Then I also started getting dizzy after trying a different drug. The dizziness has stayed even though I stopped taking the drug. It appears that it has had some sort of interaction with my vagus nerve, because my nerve system has been damaged. The dizziness doesn’t stop and I don’t drive.
The more I move the worse the pain is. Most of the time I have some level of pain. I still get the pain in my cheeks, but the pain in my feet and legs is the worst. Sometimes I can’t walk or stand up. My legs will feel heavy and on fire. Sometimes I can’t sleep.

The more I looked into it the more I realised that neurological problems were a well reported side effect, and articles were appearing in medical journals (including neurology journals) about the connection between the vaccines and nerve problems, which specifically mentioned TN and Small Fibre Neuropathy (SFN). Some were published as early as Feb 2021.

I tried to get an exemption for the booster but I didn’t qualify (very few people do). Pain is not sufficient, you have to nearly die. This meant I had to leave my office aviation job, as 3 vaccines were mandated and I couldn’t risk doing more harm to my body. I moved states and got a hospitality job, but I realised very quickly that I can’t work more than about 10 hrs a week, as all the pain gets worse with the more I am on my feet. I can’t do any more exercise than short walks. I can’t drive due to the dizziness.

No, I have not seen a neurologist, as I live in a rural area and there are none here. I am waiting on a date which will be in about 9 months, if I am lucky. All the GPs do is suggest different drugs.

My health has been ruined by the vaccines. I have never had any serious health issues before, or any nerve problems before. I have never tried so many horrid and serious drugs before, in desperation, to try and deal with the pain. I can’t think straight due to the constant dizziness. I am trying to finish a law degree and I can’t focus. I really don’t know if I can finish it.

I was not anti-vaxxer, but I would never get anther vaccine - EVER. I should have been able to get an exemption after the first vaccine, as there was sufficient evidence then, to show that it was negatively affecting my nerves. There was sufficient evidence to show that it could negatively affect the human nervous system.

My sister has also had an adverse reaction to the vaccines. She had to have 3 jabs for her job as well. She has neurological problems and they are even worse.

I have lost a job I loved.
I had to move state.
I am spending lots of money trying various alternative treatments.
I am not earning much money because the pain is too great.
I have connected with many other people who have the same symptoms.
Who knows how long it will take to heal, or before I can work more, or drive?
Who knows if I will ever be able to fly again?

So before you assume that everyone is a conspiracy theorist, think of me.

There are also many other people who have been harmed, but the media is not reporting and it looks like the only people against the vaccines are nutters and the anti-mask wearers. They are not.

Sometimes, you really don’t know, what you don’t know.
Sorry to hear what you have experienced/still going through. It boggles the mind how something like this can be mandated in order to work. It has risks, some serious ones at that too.
I'm still having intermittent chest pains after my Pfizer vaccine. Had bloods done and echo cardiogram but couldn't find any abnormalities. Now waiting to get an MRI. A friend of mine also has confirmed myocarditis due to the vaccine. For a month after the jab I also had paresthesia down the left side of my body which was pretty scary and uncomfortable.
From my experience I would prefer to get covid. At least a dozen unvaccinated family and friends here in Perth have had covid over the past several months and they all recovered within days. While I'm still suffering the effects from this vaccine... I won't be going for my booster either. Quite frankly I'm scared of what long term effects may come to light in the years ahead. Time will tell if these mandates were the right or wrong thing to do. Especially for something that doesn't stop an individual catching or transmitting the virus...