PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unfriendliest airport for GA in Australia?
Old 30th Apr 2022, 01:07
MagnumPI

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by KRviator
Fair enough, you're correct on this one. The last time I flew in there, it was PPR - I haven't bothered going back there since and so had not noticed that requirement was remove.. I'd rather give any landing fees to the owner of Somersby and land there than the CCC who managed to get themselves into over $500M debt through financial mismanagement - but that's another topic....Though you did leave off my favourite "Warnervale airport fee" $121.80 for "Refuelling on Council Land". NFI how they manage that one, but its' in CCC's schedule of fees and charges.
On this, I completely agree with you. I did my last AFR with the CCAC and apart from being shocked at how poorly the C150 performs compared to the RV, had nothing but pleasant interactions with all their staff.

In the Gold Coast Airport Conditions of Use document, chapter 14. And its' for aircraft under 10,000kg, and if you are "a user" of the GC airport. Or Townsville, Mount Isa or Longreach too, apparently.

EDIT: I see LB has replied while I was typing this, but used $25M, that was the "old" rate from Jan 2020. The "New rate" from Jan 2022 is indeed, $35M USD.
Yeah the Council, pre-administration, had really lost the plot. Whilst that refuelling fee is in their schedule, in practical terms anyone filling up with Avgas from the bowser at Warnervale is filling on Club owned land so the charge doesn't apply.

That insurance requirement at YBCG is outrageous. Nearly certain when I've flown in there that the ACFT have not have that level of insurance, and the requirement doesn't appear in ERSA or on the fees and charges section of their website - how absurd that it is buried in chapter 14 of a ridiculous Conditions of Use document.