PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unfriendliest airport for GA in Australia?
Old 29th Apr 2022, 23:59
KRviator

Received 117 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by MagnumPI
Just to correct you on this. Warnervale (Central Coast Airport) is not PPR - refer ERSA. Yes, it is still owned by the Council.
Fair enough, you're correct on this one. The last time I flew in there, it was PPR - I haven't bothered going back there since and so had not noticed that requirement was remove.. I'd rather give any landing fees to the owner of Somersby and land there than the CCC who managed to get themselves into over $500M debt through financial mismanagement - but that's another topic....Though you did leave off my favourite "Warnervale airport fee" $121.80 for "Refuelling on Council Land". NFI how they manage that one, but its' in CCC's schedule of fees and charges.
The Aero Club is run by friendly, approachable people who are most welcoming of visitors.
On this, I completely agree with you. I did my last AFR with the CCAC and apart from being shocked at how poorly the C150 performs compared to the RV, had nothing but pleasant interactions with all their staff.

This has not been my experience flying in/around YBCG. Is this for aircraft under 5,700kg who are visiting? Where is this requirement published?
In the Gold Coast Airport Conditions of Use document, chapter 14. And its' for aircraft under 10,000kg, and if you are "a user" of the GC airport. Or Townsville, Mount Isa or Longreach too, apparently.

EDIT: I see LB has replied while I was typing this, but used $25M, that was the "old" rate from Jan 2020. The "New rate" from Jan 2022 is indeed, $35M USD.