PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar airways (Master thread)-2
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2022, 10:24
Ilyushin76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mgggpilot
Get it done as is required. Factoring hours won't help. Tick the boxes and you won't regret mate.
Thank you for your reply. The issue is, that where I come from, the private sector rarely hires non experienced / cadet pilots (straight out of flight school). So they do not have the P1 hours issue.

As for pilots like myself, there is no official procedure in place that allows us to log the PICUS hours on our logbook. The issue was taken up with the regulatory authority when our ATPLs were being issued and we were asked to log our PF sectors on a separate spreadsheet as PICUS till we reached the 250 PICUS mark. This was obviously done and Captains were helpful as none of them denied signing those sectors for us. The airline management was more than happy to sign the spreadsheet off as well since it was an ATPL requirement.

The spreadsheet does not have any official signatures anymore as beyond the 250 PICUS hours required officially for ATPL issuance I am finding it very difficult to convince the management to sign off these extra PICUS hours. Will the spreadsheet with the line Captains signatures only suffice?