PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jota Aviation
Thread: Jota Aviation
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2022, 08:06
Cat Techie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Pain in the R's
So no European airlines have failed then, as they are in the EU? Brexit is always the reason brought up by remoaners while they are happy to ignore the impact of Covid, which hasn’t had a mention here yet Covid has brought aviation to its knees.

On the more positive side, aviation jobs at airports are seeing big wage rises due to the end of limitless supplies of cheap foreign labour by people always willing to undercut the locals.

Seems this thread has been hijacked by the normal suspects who need another outlet apart from jet blast.
Actually working for a UK airline that has seen the effects of it does qualify myself to have an opinion. I have lost the right with my current licence to do all the work I could do before Brexit. What is your position? JOTA Aviation had cargo aircraft and contracts as well. Carbotage put a big dent in their operations of not being able to do inter Europe work. As for your post on wages, complete rubbish. Do you actually work in the industry? Work at an airport? I do. I heard that RVL have wound up their S340 freighter op yesterday as well. Trouble in getting work. As I said, I have mates that have lost their jobs with the collapse of JOTA. My last post on the subject.

Last edited by Cat Techie; 23rd Apr 2022 at 08:23.