PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Linton on Ouse
Thread: Linton on Ouse
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2022, 14:14
MPN11

Received 133 Likes on 62 Posts
Home Office "Thank you for applying for asylum here in the UK, whilst we conduct background checks, please don't wander too far from Linton"

2 months later by telephone:

Home Office : " I 'm sorry but your application has been rejected due to your fringe involvement with radical groups in the middle east. ...hello....hello...hello" - Seems he hung up.
Isn’t that the way it has worked for ages? Illegals/overstayers are discovered, told to report to officials on Tuesday … and are never seen again. That’s why UK is awash with Illegals.

Unless there’s somewhere suitable to put/confine them until the grindingly slow legal and administrative processes are complete, there are few other options. Indeed, one might just ignore Immigration, passports etc. completely, and just have an open door. Which is almost what UK has already, despite the efforts of the Home Office and Border Farce.

Do I have an answer? Certainly not, as I don’t have access to all the underlying legal and admin issues … including Human Rights and all the other bits of string that tie everyone’s hands in the overall scenario. But “Asylum Centre Linton” doesn’t strike me as a good answer if those sent there are ‘free range’.