PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reporting of all aircraft defects by PIC during or at the termination of each flight
Old 16th Apr 2022, 06:22
Ixixly

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
I didn't say it was an admission, I'm saying it seems like you've been caught out for something and are seeking a way out of it. It absolutely would depend on Operation type. If it's a Private Aircraft with a single owner then clearly the person you would report to would be yourself, end of story, if it's some kind of Commercial Operation then you'd be reporting to someone like the Chief Pilot or Base Manager depending on your reporting structure. The answer you're looking for is unlikely in the CARs therefore, it's most likely to be contained in the Company SOPs which would designate the correct person to report to within your structure, which, once again, is why the nature of the operation is very important to this question.

The simple fact that you're trying to find the wiggle room in what is considered "Termination of Flight" and whether tieing down an Aircraft is part of the termination of your flight seems quite telling to me about trying to find some kind of loophole here.