PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Astana
Thread: Air Astana
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2022, 17:31
The Flying Possum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disclaimer: I went there with an open mind and no expectations.

So this is the latest update, will keep it short and sweet.

High fail rate is confirmed, no one from the latest one passed.

Clearly is some show they are running for their management for them to see they go out and seek (imagine they get to go out for 2 weeks time, get meals and accommodation paid, and they don't really hire anyone)

What's the package you may ask? (skipper position) Around 5k USD basic, nothing else included, hourly rate is 15 usd and 20 usd above 85 hour. Yes you read it right, I think is around the same rate for a real bus driver.

Interview ain't even hard, except the COMPASS math portion where is really important for you to be able to know how to clear 4x+26=21y and know the value of y, I guess 21 wasn't the correct answer.

Sim aint an issue, the tech interview aint an issue, and the panel interview either....from 10 you fail 10? This is two latest batches.

Rest my case, don't really bother wasting your money traveling to IST if you are next for that one. Unless money ain't an issue and you are willing to spend 1.5k/2k USD on airfare and you want to play with the simulator for a while, then by all means go ahead, you will get at least 2-3 days free accommodation from them, and a fake smile with a fake speech, which will make you feel warm butterflies in you tummy, and think this is it!

Oh yeah forgot to mention, the TRI kid has 1.5 hours as a Captain, and 4k total experience, and he will try to roast you. A 29 years old and in charge of deciding who gets it or who doesn't, which clearly no one was good enough.

So as General Akbar used to say....IT'S A TRAP!!