PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canadian pilot desperate to leave
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2022, 15:50
ZebraFlyer

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by axiom87
All of the above. Also Post #17 above goes into further detail.
Australia is roughly the same cost of living/real estate/industry wise. We have one big boy national airline and a middling business/leisure carrier which is doing pretty damn well post-bankruptcy plus said national airline's low cost carrier. I guess you could think of them as Air Canada, WestJet and Sunwing/Air Transat respectively.
I guess the difference is our one Legacy carrier does actually pay pretty well typically - but you might be stuck in the back seat (being a Second Officer that is - only in a control seat from FL200 and above) doing SFA for a loooong long time depending on when you join. At least it's lucrative for some and they love it. Our other airlines pay pretty alright too, but they're all wanting cuts at this stage.
As Australians we're able to access E3 visas, can Canadians go for those too? I note CommutAir, Atlas, Frontier and a few others are wanting to hire E3s so could be the go!

EDIT: Sorry axiom87, meant to mention, I'm only quoting this post as mine is directed at you. Not because of whatever you've written in this post specifically.