PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Too late for 2022?
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2022, 23:58
DropYourSocks

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by FrothyFriday
Hi Gents,

Smashed out a couple hundred hours over the east coast during lockdown after finishing my CPL and trying my luck in Darwin. Have sent resumes to all my contacts but haven't had an offer worth taking yet.. Just wondering if it's too late to head up and knock on some doors for the coming season. Hoping to get in and out asap.

Cheers
FF
Hey mate,

This thread sums up everything that is great about GA in Australia, and also everything that is wrong with it. Aus is a big flat brown country with more or less no real weather. Flying here isn't that hard. Pay attention to the guys a few years ahead of you that bounce onto bigger and better, and emulate what they do. They'll teach you what you need to be successful, and will help you build a solid network.

You'll have a blast up north, whether it's Broome, Kunnas, Darwin, Cairns or wherever. My one piece of advice is that these Pay to Play schemes have been around in one form or another for a long time. In my experience, they will make no real difference to the overall trajectory of your career one way or the other. The tried and true advice of getting a NVFR, MECIR or IR still holds water, get to that 1500 hours, and the world is your oyster. Aviation is bigger than top end flying. Good luck on the hunt!