PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas CEO Blames passengers for delays
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2022, 21:59
blubak

Received 66 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Angle of Attack
Swissport baggage handling is under staffed by 500 Australia wide. It’s a Casual workforce and most of them are 18-25 years old. They don’t resign they just never turn up and no certificate required for sickies so they just don’t turn up as they don’t give a ****. The Chicken has come home to roost and going for an ultra cheap casual workforce will cost QF way more than if they had ever just kept the reliable in house crew that they just shafted last year. I’m actually happy, this has shown them that 20’s something MBA idiots don’t make decisions that are practical. Bring it! QF is shot for at least 2 months, Get these idiot managers to actually do something. I will sit and laugh while they scramble….it’s hilarious.
Completely agree & was told the same thing by somebody that works there a couple of weeks ago.
If its a sunny day or theres some event on that is more important than going to work to throw bags for a few hours well you can guess what takes priority.
The reliable in house crew did get paid pretty well & had good conditions but in return they provided a good service & there were many long time serving guys with the experience required to see & fix a problem quickly.
Now,as you say,the swissport people are a lowly paid casualised workforce who are not there to think & just go through the motions if & when they decide to turn up.
I wonder if ex kiwi farmer & now QF int & domestic ceo Andrew David who boasted about how much money getting rid of the unionised workforce would save is having any regrets about his brilliant decision.