PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOA Casual Vacancies
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2022, 15:15
Hugo Peroni the IV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It’s desperately important to make votes count. The last casual vacancy has seen a fantastic new chairwoman come to the fore but, sadly, recruit some who appear to have effectively frozen any GC progress by their obstructive ways.

Originally Posted by Whiteteanosugar
I normally do not get bothered by union stuff as I have became a non caring paying member since POS18, but the recent nomination takes me back to making a point in my recent flights.

There are two members of the current casual vacancies nominations who were part of GC at the time of TA18, and were part of the 9 who sued a AOA member (JR) for defamation and demanded he paid 50000HKD each (450000HKD) as compensation, using membership’s lawyers. This stemmed from JR questioning and criticising the GC in the AOA forum for their conduct in pushing TA18 to the membership. JR then had to use his own money to hire lawyers to defend himself against the 9. The outcome of which is unknown but the true colours of these plaintiffs were shown. Please for all our sake do not have a short memory and just vote in whoever puts their hands up. There are serious division within the AOA at the moment, but some are genuinely fighting to move forward to a new era of cost savings and having productive welfare for the membership as a whole. Meaningful voting of candidates counts towards making things happen.

For those that want the names and history please read up in the AOA forum. I will not disclose the names here.