PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Migraine Advice
Thread: Migraine Advice
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2022, 13:15
pulse1

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
One of the most common causes of regular headaches, particularly it seems for men, is to do with caffeine. For example, there is a thing called Saturday headaches which happens to people who drink coffee all day in the office, and then suffer withdrawal at weekends when they drink a lot less. I suffered almost daily headaches for years until an AME told me that the medication I was taking to control them contained caffeine. It then dawned on me that I never got a headache when I stayed in a hotel and had coffee with breakfast. Normally I would not drink coffee until I got to work by which time the headache had already started. I then started having a cup of coffee to start the day and only one more during the day. I then became totally headache free.

I hope that your problem is as straightforward. and that you find the answer quickly. If its not caffeine I'm sure it will be some other part of your diet. I took up a friend's suggestion to revert to eating only lamb and rice to see what happened to my headaches. Apparently these are the only foods which are known not to cause this kind of problem. In my case the headaches got much worse but that was before I discovered that caffeine withdrawal was the problem.

Best of luck.