PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Eastern 737-800 MU5735 accident March 2022
Old 29th Mar 2022, 21:50
AAKEE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SteinarN
I made an argument the left roll (there can be no doubt that a left roll was the start of the flight path deviation) could most likely be caused by either an uncommanded rudder movement or an engine malfunction causing the left engine to lose thrust and taking the crew by surprice. ie crew not taking action before AP disconnect in an out of trim state. Alternatively an uncontained engine failure also damaging rudder cables/controls and/or wing surfaces.
Yes, the left roll is quite clear.

I was not thinking ”rudder hardover” as necessarily not controllable failure.
A uncommanded rudder movement ( or A/T failure like Sriwijaya) and a A/P disconnection and spatial desorientation.

Sriwijaya 182 seems to have rolled left without noticing it, at least initially. Might be the same this time?
An uncontained engine failure could possibly damage the aircraft and cause something like this, but my guess is that if you get a uncontained engine failure you will wake up and get on your toes quite quickly…

To posters with the view that it can not be a rudder hardover/uncommanded movement or Eng failure: What would cause the aircraft to perform a left roll + second half of a barrel roll?
Any ideas?