PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-V2
Thread: Flybe-V2
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2022, 18:32
BA318

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flybe-V2

Originally Posted by airsouthwest
"There's more" lol you've managed to find only a select few, most of those are probably the same people that would moan if the flight was 2 minutes late or because they've got a grudge with the airline anyway. You've also failed to acknowledge that the majority of tweets are asking them when they are going to reopen routes to Exeter, Newquay etc or welcoming them back.

I honestly don't know what your agenda is but you clearly have a grudge with Flybe and anyone who wants them to succeed. I'm all for having an alternative view point but when it's starts getting pathetic and just looking to bring up any old piece of dirty to further your own agenda that's when I get pissed.
Read through previous posts. I’ve no agenda. I want Flybe to succeed. I just think this route is not going to work. There are a few niches and that’s what I suggested. BMI operating LHR-Leeds and Amsterdam couldn’t survive even with Lufthansa’s support, Star Alliance membership and a connecting network - realistically how does anyone think this attempt is going to do anything other than burn money?

Plenty of people will be happy. If I was a regular flyer on that route I’d be happy as cheap fares will be available while it lasts. Same if I was based in Belfast.

However more than half their new routes are up against serious competition- IAG, KLM, Easyjet. All have deep pockets to fight competition. And what is the USP of Flybe on those routes? Why would I chose them over the others? Nobody has explained that and I’m not sure demand is at the level that people have no choice but to just book what’s available.

You can want an airline to succeed but disagree with their strategy. I’m an SAS gold card holder and love the carrier but think they are now a basket case and will use Ryanair as there is no difference. I also want Flybe to succeed for the sake of regional airports. We risk losing some if they don’t do better but that only works with a strong Flybe.