PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 48 Sqdn Hastings..
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2022, 18:42
patkinson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Brian,
Thanks for the info..never heard of Jeffords listing of RAF Squadrons. So between that and and the date 48 Sqdn Hastings was disbanded again something I had not known, so I was interested in how it was done and how the new C130's fitted into a new role as the 'new 48'.
It was ironic that only a few months later I flew to Malaysia to change an engine on a Belfast that was extended because the engine and prop being delivered by queen mary transport had an en route stop due to the propeller rolling over the RR Tyne engine when it hit a low religous or other structure. We never found out but the phone lines were pretty hot between KL and Changi as to where the transport with the engine and prop was . After a day or two the transport arrived with engine (dented) tailpipe and a prop with very bent blades!
So more phone calls and a C130 was depatched with a new engine and prop from Gan..could you have been the nav?
Life was never dull in those days...not that it has been dull in my civvy aviation career!