PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lack of preparation
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2022, 09:47
hobbit1983
Professional Student

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Fl1ingfrog
Every dual lesson should include something new and be challenging. The four hours or so of minimum dual navigation training, provided within the ICAO syllabus, hardly allows: "For the first one or three, sure. After that, the student should be competent to plan their navex prior to the lesson".
As in, the basic principles of how navigation works, how to prep a plog, notams, etc etc. That's a groundschool session. After that, the new and challenging bits (zone transits, D&D, etc) generally don't require that.

Originally Posted by Fl1ingfrog
We are not superior people as instructors. I have taught senior judges, professors, surgeons, knighted business executives and millionaires in the mix who can't read and write. All of whom have been extremely busy and time pressured people. What they have all needed from me is guidance, resources, support and of course encouragement. This will also be true of a range of PPL students whatever their background, education and personal abilities. Anyone who wants to fly is special and a bonus to me and I'm happy to share my time and knowledge with them.
Excellent, glad to hear it.