PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-6
Thread: Jet2-6
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2022, 16:36
LBAflyer22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Daniel Taylor
What are Jet2’s largest bases in terms of capacity? I’m curious to know the speed of growth between Birmingham and Stansted seen as they launched at the same time?
Originally Posted by Coarmlad
man - bhx - lba - stn - ncl - gla - ema - edi - brs - bfs
I think for me this is pretty much it. I would say that LBA/STN are pretty much neck/neck or maybe STN is larger. The stand out base for me at the moment would easily be BHX as this started at the same time as STN and has grown to probably be one of the largest bases Jet2 have - of course alongside STN/MAN and LBA. It offers most beach breaks at high frequencies whilst also offering majority city breaks which differs from STN.

STN however does hold its own. May not serve many, if any at all, of the city break destinations but can easily fill 2 daily flights to Tenerife, Dalaman and Antalya whilst sustaining high frequency to other destinations. I think the original plan, before covid came along, was to have 4 STN-FNC flights a week peak summer for S20.

Having both STN and BHX and now BRS will give Jet2 more of a reason to start entering niche markets and venturing off the beaten track if you will - this was starting in S20 but has been postponed slightly. Zadar and Montenegro Tivat are two examples of this.

I think Egypt is coming onto the agenda very shortly and wouldn't be surprised to see it launched from STN MAN LBA BHX and BRS initially.