PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick-3
Thread: Gatwick-3
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2022, 12:31
Vokes55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vectisman
I’m sorry but the Norwegian aircraft that operated for TUI used the flights designator BY. Agreed they operated from South as did all Norwegian flights. BA and VS swapped terminals because the VS pattern complimented the EZY pattern. Also at the time the BA short haul wave had expanded significantly up to 2017.
You know for certain that passengers will departing from on terminal and arriving at another? I suspect that most holidaymakers will be on 7 or 14 night trips in peak summer. Even if terminals are different it’s not that much of a bother at Gatwick.
When the initial swap took place on 2017 EasyJet had 19 fewer aircraft based at Gatwick.
The Norwegian flights used D89xxx. The flights only became BY5 when Norwegian pulled out due to their own Max shortage and the flights were taken over by Smartlynx and Titan (and then often sub chartered back to TUI)

Not sure what the point of this back and forth is. TUI will have 9 short haul aircraft based in the North that start and finish the day there. easyJet will have 8 aircraft based at the South that will start and finish the day there. Neither TUI or easy will want a split operation. Not saying there isn’t a reason why they didn’t just move TUI across, I’m just intrigued to know what it is.