PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CHC LLC purchases Babcock
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2022, 07:57
Brutal

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Mitchaa
I wouldn’t have thought so.

Declining oil market, an oil and gas hating Scottish government which is being continually influenced by the Greens. In addition to that, there is always a steady stream of military helicopter pilots that come into the offshore industry on much lower salaries that I don’t think recruitment (albeit with some training) is ever going to be a problem.

Really? We seem to be having one heck of a time finding any suitable candidates? Yes, there maybe the odd one or two ex-mil available but nowhere near where it used to be. At the moment we cannot keep up with the vast amount of retirements that is happening every year, the scenario that was highlighted years ago, as the average age of offshore (and onshore for that matter) get higher each year, with less and less newbies joining the profession.This problem of recruitment is the same across all of the operators, I witness it first hand every week. The oil and gas market is not disappearing tomorrow, and other new offshore work ( renewables) requires support in the meantime.
B.