PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2022, 07:05
Chronic Snoozer

Received 332 Likes on 126 Posts
Originally Posted by KRviator
You only have to look at the narrative from McGowan or his CHO as regards NSW or Victoria.

"Lockdown like conditions" (because we have to wear a mask indoors, and check in - big woop), "Thousands and thousands of deaths I want to avoid" (While neglecting to mention 48.6% of all returning Australian's came home via Sydney after he wimped out on his agreed "1000 a week", and halved it, then halved it again to only 256). "By watching NSW you can see what works and what doesn’t work. " (Guess bringing home so many people for the good of the nation "doesn't work", eh...

I could go on, but really, what's the point? If you cannot accept that such things have been happening for the last two years, then nothing I say will change your mind...
I wasn't looking at any narrative and certainly don't look to politicians for narrative. What do the numbers tell us? Well, back of the fag packet calculations tell me that if you are unvaccinated there is a 30-40 times greater chance of contracting COVID and ending up in hospital, based on the numbers quoted in that article. Seems like a good thing nearly 95% of WA is vaccinated.

I also find the WA CHO's letter outlining his recommendations for applying restrictions pre and post border opening to be clear and logical. Seems like things are turning out as projected or better.

https://www.wa.gov.au/system/files/2..._HA_190122.pdf

You can object to the manner in which the outcome is reached however my point was really the outcome.