PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leonardo Helicopter - Ties to the Russian State
Old 12th Mar 2022, 12:34
rotor-rooter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chopper2004
Sikorsky has contract to support Reagan Test Site UH-72A but didn’t help in development with them Eurocopter bringing it into the US Army

cheers
Thanks, Commander Cody for the correction to the Raider programme, it was an example rather than something I am intimately familiar with.

Chopper 2004, the winning bid for the LUH-72A utilized Sikorsky's Government contracting resources to win this bid. I won't get into the relationships between the Sikorsky management and Bell, I'll let you figure this out yourself, but the information I provided is from first hand accounts and conversations directly with me. Sikorsky had no product for this specific requirement, but you may be able to determine who might, and the motivation they might have in this arrangement.

I would agree that this appears to be a very unusual arrangement, and for a long time I never really shared this information with many people. But I assure you that it is factual, and is in fact totally verifiable from US Government sources in documents published on Wikileaks.